Natural Resources and Ecological Services
Equity helps clients recognize sensitive habitats, identify and delineate wetlands and assist our clients to identify suitable land for purchase and obtain local, state, and federal permits. We also assist clients with Flood Hazard Area (FHA) counseling and permitting. We help private and public clients with dam removals and river and stream restorations. We have also worked on projects throughout New Jersey that have included relocating fish, turtles, and other species.
Our team of wetlands specialists identify and delineate wetlands and help obtain appropriate permits.
Equity has extensive experience in assessing the impact of development projects, operations, and contamination/pollution on wetlands, including aquatic ecosystems. We work on wetlands projects of all sizes ranging in size from small residential developments to large commercial developments. Our staff develops and implements cost-efficient and low-impact solutions that are tailored to each project’s land use, habitats, and ecosystems.
Wetlands are an important element for many ecosystems. They provide critical wildlife habitat as well as storm water control and pollution filtration. Federal, State and local regulations are ever changing and our team of wetlands specialist understand and stay up- to-date on these regulations and guide clients through the regulatory maze.
Equity’s wetland services include:
- Wetlands Identification
- Identification of riparian zones and required permits associated with them
- Wetlands Delineation and Letters of Interpretation (LOIs) per U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual.
- Wetlands Permitting
- Prepare the Streams & Rivers General Permits
- Prepare the Flood Hazard Area (FHA) Permit application.
- Wetlands Restoration
Stream Restoration and Dam Removals
Equity has extensive experience working on streams, rivers and lakes and their surrounding ecosystems. Our team has worked on a variety of projects such as breaching an aging hazardous dam and restoring streams to their natural state as well as restoring stream and river embankments that were altered due to natural disasters.
Equity’s Stream & River services include:
- Stream & River Encroachment
- Stream & River Restoration
- Dam Removal
- Fish Passage Design
- Habitat Design
- Embankment Stabilization
- Erosion Control
- Oversee surveying needed to capture bathymetry cross-section data
- Permitting for river channel restoration project
- HEC-RAS Modeling to determine flood levels
- Prepare as built drawings
- Construction Oversight
Keep up to date with industry and firm news, events and hot topics at the firm by joining our mailing list.